Criteria for receiving extended time and/or separate environment testing service
- You have submitted the appropriate documentation regarding your disability
- You are officially registered with the Office of Special Learning Services, and
- You have been granted extended time and/or separate environment as a reasonable accommodation by the JLC Assistant Director, Special Services, Ms. Jacinth Crichton.
Procedure for taking extended time/separate environment tests in the JLC
- Fill out the Extended Time Request Form for each and every test or quiz that you opt to take in the Learning Center with extended time and either bring or email it to Beverly Boehmke at email@example.com.
- Please submit this document at least three days prior to the test date. Failure to do so will result in delays your tests or your having to take the test along with the rest of the class. This is important because once we receive this form, we email your professor telling him/her the date and time that you are taking the test in the Learning Center and request him/her to submit the test. To coordinate communications with the Professors, it is crucial that you submit this document 72 hours prior to the exam.
- Most extended time tests are taken at the same time as the rest of the class, but if, for example, your professor tells you that he/she is giving a test during the first half of the class and then giving a lecture afterwards, then you indicate on the form that you want to take the test prior to the class so it doesn’t conflict with the lecture. We never want a student to miss a class lecture because she/he is taking an exam in the JLC.
- There is no guarantee that you will be allowed to take the exam in the Learning Center if you are late.
- On the day of the exam, please come to the JLC, and see Beverly Boehmke. Beverly will administer the test under a proctor’s supervision. Once you complete the test, your test will be scanned and retruned to your professor.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Beverly Boehmke.
Testing Accommodations Contact Info
Coordinator, Testing Services
Office of Special Learning Services
Jandrisevits Learning Center
[lower level of the Ryan Matira Laibrary]
Testing Accommodations Forms