In order to receive accommodations every semester, all students registered with the Office of Special Learning Services (OSLS) need to submit an Accommodations Request prior to the start of every semester (including summer sessions and when studying abroad).
We strongly encourage all students to update their disability information with new disability documentation when there is a change in disability status or condition or when otherwise requested.
Application process for EACH SEMESTER:
- Before beginning your Returning Student Request, be sure the OSLS has all updated disability forms. You do not need to upload documents sent to the office previously when you originally disclosed - upload only new documents.
- Prior to the start of each semester, submit your Accommodations Request through Sacred Heart University's Accommodate software.
- You cannot receive accommodations until this process is completed and processed each and every semester that you are enrolled.
- Our office will review your application and will contact you if we need more information.
- The OSLS will inform you about your registration status.
If you have any questions, contact Beth Skudzienski, Assistant Director of Special Learning Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sacred Heart University's Accommodate system is an online portal that streamlines the student experience with aspects of the Office of Special Learning Services (OSLS).
Through Accommodate, students will be able to:
- Easily request academic Accommodations and print disclosure letters at the start of each semester
- Receive important updates from the Office of Special Learning Services
- Access digitized class notes through the note-taker network