Criteria for requesting scribes for your courses
- You have submitted the appropriate documentation regarding your disability
- You are officially registered with the Office of Special Learning Services, and
- You have been granted scribes as a reasonable accommodation by the JLC Assistant Director, Special Learning Services
Procedure for requesting scribes for your courses in the JLC
Be sure you have listed all courses for which you are requesting a scribe in your Accommodate Semester Request.
- Please fill out this form prior to the semester start. Failure to do so will result in delays finding your scribes. This is important because once we receive this form, we email all SHU students to announce the scribing position.
- If you change or drop a course, email Student Success Scribe Services within 48 hours of these changes so that appropriate accommodations can continue to be provided.
- A student with the accommodation of scribe is held to all class and university policies. You must be present in class and adhere to all Sacred Heart University policies. Provided notes are anticipated to be supplemental to your own.
- You will be notified of scribes for your courses via email sent through Accommodate.
- All scribes should submit class notes within 24 hours via the Accommodate portal. If you do not receive notes in this timeframe, email the SSC staff to let them know.
- If you have any concern about the quality of the class notes submitted by your scribe, inform us IMMEDIATELY.