Ryan Matura Library - Lower Level
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield CT 06825
- Mon - Thurs: 9AM - 9PM
- Friday: 9AM - 3PM
- Sat & Sun: 2PM - 5PM (Math Only)
The Jandrisevits Learning Center (also know as "The JLC") is located on the lower level of the Ryan Matura Library. The JLC offers students at every academic level an opportunity to improve their content area knowledge and to develop academic skills needed to succeed in their coursework. Staffed by highly experienced faculty, graduate and peer tutors in disciplines across the curriculum, the JLC provides a friendly learning environment where the individual needs of students are our primary concern.
The JLC offers the following support services free of charge to all SHU students:
- Individualized Tutoring by appointment in many disciplines provided by staff or faculty, graduate and peer tutors.
- Classroom Learning Assistants (CLAs) are peer tutors nominated by faculty and trained in the Socratic method of tutoring who can provide academic support in disciplines across-the-curriculum.
- Monthly Workshops on college-level learning skills include such topics as note taking, time management, test taking, grammar, punctuation, math concepts and problem-solving, speech writing & delivery, science report writing and essay writing .
- The Office of Special Learning Services, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation act of 1973, provides instructional accommodations and services for students with documented disabilities including disclosure letters, testing accommodations, technical services for the hearing impaired, and assistive technology tools such as audio-format books.
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) for electronic assistance in writing
- Student Study Lounge and helpful connections to other campus resources.
Call for an appointment: 203-371-7820