The University provides a range of student printing, scanning and photocopying services on campus. These services fall into two major groups:
- Computer labs: Laser printers located in general purpose computer labs on campus
- Multifunction Devices: Multifunction Devices located all around campus that print, copy, scan, and fax
In order to reduce waste and promote efficient use of university resources a print quota will be implemented.
SHU student print quota
All enrolled SHU students receive a print quota for the current period as defined below. Your SHU print quota is only available to actively registered students and provides access to
- Monochrome (black/white) laser printing in all General Purpose Computer labs that are equipped with printers.
- Monochrome (black/white) copying at any multifunction device equipped with a transaction terminal
- Color laser printing in the 24 hour student lab
|Quota Period||Page Allotment|
|2017-2018 Academic Year||200|
The SHU print quota provides you with an initial amount of "free" University-funded printing and copying after which you will be charged a per page fee. Your quota is associated with your shucard and the cost of your printing is automatically deducted from your quota as you print or copy.
You can monitor your print quota balance to see how much you have left when you logon to the student portal at where your current quota balances are displayed on your my accounts tab; or you can check your quota balance at the PHIL (reverse ATM) located across the hall from the card office. The print quota management system will prevent you from printing a document if you do not have sufficient printing balance left and if you do not have sufficient funds in your general SHUCard account. Once you exceed the quota allotment, all future prints will be charged to the general fund on your SHUCard account.