This page is dedicated to providing support and information on Webex. Use the information below and quick guides to get the most out of your virtual meeting experience.
What is Webex?
Web conferencing lets you connect with anyone, anywhere, in real time. WebEx combines desktop sharing through a web browser with phone conferencing and video, so everyone sees the same thing while you talk.
What do I need to use Webex?
To get the most out of a WebEx web conference, here's all you'll need:
- A computer or wireless device with an Internet connection
- An audio connection - either through your computer or phone
- A webcam (optional)
Why use Webex?
When you meet online, you remove many of the constraints that can make meetings a challenge — like getting everyone in the same place at the same time. With WebEx, you can:
- Save time and money in travel.
- Easily collaborate with distant colleagues and clients.
- Eliminate the hassle of emailing files and following up by phone.
- Make your meetings more productive and successful.
Using Webex as an Instructor:
- Connect with students in a synchronous environment.
- Use video and audio conferencing to communicate.
- Share documents, videos and presentations in real time.
- Share a whiteboard to sketch.
- Get immediate feedback from students.
- Poll the class for different subjects.
- Schedule meetings ahead of time.
Using Webex as a Student:
- Interact with your instructor remotely.
- Raise hand option to simulate raising a hand in the classroom.
- Real time chat and collaboration with classmates.
- Keep a copy of the documents shared for later review.