- What should I do if I can't log into Blackboard?
- If you are unable to access Blackboard, Webadvisor, and your Sacred Heart University email, try resetting your password at https://ams.sacredheart.edu/
- If you are unable to access Blackboard but you are able to access Webadvisor and your Sacred Heart University email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Do I get credits for completing a workshop?
No. These workshops are designed simply to help you learn specific software applications so that you can incorporate them into your day-to-day activities on campus. Whether it be taking notes in class, preparing a research paper or syllabus, or creating a web site, Sacred Heart University's Computer Literacy Program is there to provide you with the computer skills you'll need to succeed.
- How much does each workshop cost?
Computer Workshops are free for all members to of the Sacred Heart University community.
- Should I take my laptop to training?
It's not necessary because workshops are held in our training lab. The lab is fully equipped with the necessary hardware and software. However, if you have the required software and you feel more comfortable using your laptop, feel free to bring it to the workshop.
- How often are the workshops scheduled? Can I just walk-in?
The instructional design specialist schedules workshops every month but space is limited to those who first register. Walk-ins are only allowed under special circumstances with permission from the program coordinator.
- Is there a registration deadline?
No. However, it is recommended that you register at your earliest convenience as the workshops do fill up quickly. Depending upon the workshop, registration is limited to limited a certain number of persons.
- How long is a workshop?
The length of the session varies according to the software application being taught. Typically, a workshop is between 30 minutes to 1 hour long.
- Can I make an appointment to see the instructional design specialist?
Absolutely. The instructional design specialist is available for one-on-one training sessions, particularly for software titles not provided in the training schedule.
- What should I take with me to a workshop?
You should bring a note pad and a pen or pencil to jot down important points and be sure to bring a positive attitude!
- What should I do if I am unable to attend a class that I registered for?
Contact the instructional design specialist as soon as possible. Your seat can be made available to someone else. Be sure to register for another workshop as soon as you can.
- Where are the training sessions held?
All sessions are held in the IT Training Room, located in SC 12 in the Science Wing of the Academic Building. As you pass the Registrar's main window (on your right), take a left and go down the stairs. The IT Department is at the bottom of the stairs.
- What if I need to cancel my enrollment in a workshop?
All enrollment cancellations should be made 48 hours prior to the session. This courtesy will allow for other faculty, staff or students to attend the session in your place.
- Who should I contact for IT services for an event?
The Information Technology Department can assist you with your on-campus event. Please contact the IT Factory, Mail Center, Audio Visual, or Media Services Departments to discuss event details and requirements.