Typing in Microsoft Word is a great way to save drafts of discussion board posts/other written assignments before adding them to your online course. This is also a helpful tip for your students! When copy and pasting from Microsoft Word, however, it is highly recommended to Clear Formatting first! To do so, follow these simple instructions:
- Create your Microsoft Word Document.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key and hit the “A” key to select all of the text.
- Click “Clear Formatting”, under the “Home” tab, in the “Font” section. Hint: The icon is an eraser.
- Hold down the “Ctrl” key and hit the “C” key to copy the highlighted text.
- Login to Blackboard at http://blackboard.sacredheart.edu and enter your course by clicking its title.
- Navigate to a discussion board forum or an assignment.
- Paste the text you copied in “Text Editor”.
- Click Submit.