This page is dedicated to providing support and information on Webex. Use the information below and quick guides to get the most out of your virtual meeting experience. Interested in a WebEx account? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
What is Webex?
Webex conferencing tools that lets you connect with anyone, anywhere, in real time. WebEx combines desktop sharing through a web browser with phone conferencing and video, so everyone sees the same thing while you talk.
What do I need to use Webex?
To get the most out of a WebEx web conference, here's all you'll need:
- A computer or wireless device with an Internet connection
- An audio connection - either through your computer or phone
- A webcam (optional)
Why use Webex?
When you meet online, you remove many of the constraints that can make meetings a challenge — like getting everyone in the same place at the same time. With WebEx, you can:
- Save time and money in travel.
- Easily collaborate with distant colleagues and clients.
- Eliminate the hassle of emailing files and following up by phone.
- Make your meetings more productive and successful.
Using Webex as an Instructor:
- Connect with students in a synchronous environment.
- Use video and audio conferencing to communicate.
- Share documents, videos and presentations in real time.
- Share a whiteboard to sketch.
- Get immediate feedback from students.
- Poll the class for different subjects.
- Schedule meetings ahead of time.
Using Webex as a Student:
- Interact with your instructor remotely.
- Raise hand option to simulate raising a hand in the classroom.
- Real time chat and collaboration with classmates.
- Keep a copy of the documents shared for later review.