Blackboard is a web-based learning management system that is used to deliver course material to students online. Blackboard is available 24/7 all year round (apart from the maintenance window which is scheduled for Thursday mornings from 5:00 am – 7:00 am EST). Once you create your SHU account, you will be able to access Blackboard.
Students use Blackboard to:
- Recieve announcements from their instructors regarding their courses (including course cancellation)
- Access course content including syllabi, lecture materials, handouts, etc.
- Post to and respond to Discussion Forums
- Submit assignments
- See grades
- Communicate with instructors
- Log into Blackboard.
- Use your SHU credentials to login.
- Click login
* Please note that Blackboard works best in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox*