How to Log in to the Blackboard System
The preferred method to log into the Blackboard environment is through the MySHU portal. The MySHU Portal allows users to sign into multiple systems, but only enter their credentials one time.
- Go to https://myshu.sacredheart.edu
- On the left hand side, enter your Sacred Heart username and password
- Select Login
- In the quick links module, located in the middle of the page, select the Blackboard link
- Your courses will be displayed in the middle of the page
Don't see your courses?
If you registered for a course, and you do not see it in your course list, complete the following:
- Make sure you allow 24 hours for your course to appear on Blackboard after you have registered.
- If your course says Not Currently Available next to it, please contact your instructor. The Instructor has the ability to make the course available to students when they are ready.
Viewing Grades in Blackboard
Instructors will post grades for various assignments as well as feedback in the Blackboard course. You can view your progress during the semester, but official grades can only be found in WebAdvisor.
- To view your grades, select the course link on Blackboard. Once in the course, select Tools > My Grades. A list of grades the Instructor has posted will appear.
- To view feedback on a particular assignment, select the course link on Blackboard. Once in the course, select Tools > My Grades. Select the name of the assignment. Your submission will appear, and you will see comments from your instructor, if they have provided them.
For video instructions, please watch the video below. For closed captions, select the CC button on the video.