Academic Building, HC114
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield CT 06825
Director of Academic Computing
Academic Building, SC 09
The public lab in HC 113 is open 24 hours a day.
During holiday and semester breaks, Sacred Heart University facilities often operate on an abbreviated schedule. Please check this page during the holidays as our hours may change.
Scheduled Network Outages
Occasionally it is necessary to upgrade or make repartitions to the hardware and/or software in our computer labs and classrooms. Every attempt is made to schedule these upgrades during a time that will have the smallest possible effect on the Sacred Heart University community. We apologize for any inconvenience.
To print to any of these network printers, you must be logged on to the network and follow the instructions below:
- Connect to Network Printer
- On the task bar, click on the Start button, then select Printers and Faxes
- From the Start Menu, click on the Devices and Printers icon
- Click on the Add a Printer to continue.
To Print on Campus
(You need your ID Card to Print - There is currently a charge for printing)
- Ensure that the document that you want to print is open
- Go to the FILE menu, and select PRINT
- Ensure that you have the correct printer selected (if you have multiple printers installed on your machine)
- Then select OK
- Go to the printer and swipe your SHU ID Card
- You will then be prompted to RELEASE ALL (release all the documents that you have chosen to send to the printer) or SELECT (select a specific document to print)
- If you choose the release all selection, All documents with your release key prints. If you choose the select option; you are then given a list of documents
- To select the document that you would like to print, use the directional buttons and then hit the ENTER button
- You next window outline your choices of PRINT, DEL or END. Push the button associated with PRINT to print your document
- You will view a cost summary and press the button associated with ACCEPT