Sacred Heart University, in Fairfield, Connecticut, is the second-largest Catholic university in New England. The Princeton Review includes SHU in its "Best 377 Colleges: 2013" and U.S. News & World Report ranks SHU among the best regional universities in the north in its "America's Best Colleges" publication, making it one of the top New England liberal arts colleges. Over 6,400 students are enrolled in its five colleges: College of Arts & Sciences; College of Health Professions; the AACSB-accredited John F. Welch College of Business; University College; and the newly NCATE accredited Isabelle Farrington College of Education.
Applications are invited for two full-time, tenure-track Assistant and/or Associate Professor positions beginning August 15, 2014 in the newly formed Department of Speech-Language Pathology at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, CT.
Candidates will be required to have:
- Earned Doctorate (ABD considered) in Communication Disorders (Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology), or related field.
- Qualifications for the rank of Assistant or Associate
- Ability to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in Communication Disorders.
- Expertise in the areas of adult neurogenic disorders, child and adult motor speech disorders, dysphagia, severe developmental disorders, head/neck cancer/laryngectomy, voice, and/or dysfluency
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Eligibility for Connecticut Licensure in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Clinical and/or university teaching experience in Communication Disorders.
Sacred Heart University’s developing program in is licensed by the Connecticut Office of Higher Education and has achieved Readiness for Candidacy from Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology. Our site visit for Candidacy for CAA Accreditation is scheduled for the Fall of 2013. Our emerging program will employ innovative teaching techniques including problem-based learning, inverse teaching, simulation, and service learning. Our field-based clinical program will involve externships throughout the students’ education. Our salaries are highly competitive. Intensive mentorship for both research and teaching are available with the Program Director. Diversity is valued and sought after within our program, College, and University.
Applicants must submit a complete curriculum vita, a letter relating the CV to the requirements of the position, and three letters of reference. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Please submit applications to: Dr. Patricia Walker, Dean, College of Health Professions, Sacred Heart University, 5151 Park Ave. Fairfield, CT, 06825-1000, email@example.com
Questions: (203) 416 3947; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ecumenical in spirit and led by the laity, Sacred Heart University is dedicated to excellence in academics and to the Catholic intellectual and liberal arts traditions. We are looking for individuals who value the University’s Catholic identity, tradition and spirit, and support its commitment to the intellectual and ethical development of our students. Sacred Heart University is an EOE/AA employer.