Sacred Heart University maintains insurance coverage for liability that results in injury or loss sustained by members of our community or its guests that participate in university events.
A certificate of insurance should be kept on file for all contractors and vendors doing business with Sacred Heart University. The certificates must be obtained prior to the contractor or vendor commencing their work or service. Insurance Certificates should be sent to the University Risk Manager.
Sacred Heart University should be listed as a certificate holder as well as an additional insured.
Under most circumstances, the following insurance coverage requirements apply to all contractors and vendors doing business with Sacred Heart University:
- General Liability Coverage of $1 million per occurrence/$2 million aggregate
- The General aggregate limit should apply to each project
- The Products-Completed Operations should state a wrap up date to extend 6 years
- Auto Liability of $1 million to include any auto, hired autos, and non-owned autos
- Umbrella Liability with a minimum limit of $2 million up to the amount of the project
- Worker’s Compensation coverage with CT statutory limits
- Crime coverage including third party endorsement of $250,000
- Employment Practices coverage including third party endorsement and Sexual Misconduct coverage of $1 million.
All contractors should provide in writing a statement that they are responsible for obtaining certificates of insurance from all subcontractors.
If any contract between Sacred Heart University and an outside party requires the University to provide proof of insurance coverage in the form of a Certificate of Insurance please contact the University Risk Manager at (203) 396-8046.