Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Administration Building, 1st Floor
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
The Office of General Counsel & Risk Management is responsible for managing the University’s legal affairs and cultivating a culture of enterprise risk management. Some of our services include:
- Preparation and review of legal documentation
- Defense of claims before federal and state agencies and courts
- Liaison to regulatory and legislative bodies, courts and attorneys general
- Review of current and implementation of new health and safety procedures
- Provide oversight and guidance to departments with compliance responsibilities
- Administration of insurance claims
Our team works closely together to provide and ensure responsive, timely and accurate legal advice and counsel to our Board of Trustees, the President, senior management, and university administrators, faculty and staff who are acting on behalf of the University in achieving its goals and initiatives.