Most of you have now received your Personal Code and PioneerPlusCard in the mail. Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Electronic Refund Program.
- Why am I receiving a PioneerPlusCard with my Personal Code?
The PioneerPlusCard is being included in the event you select to open a One Account. The card can be activiated immediately as your debit card should you choose to open and account during the process of selecting your refund preference.
- Is the PioneerPlusCard different than the SHU Card?
Yes, the PioneerPlusCard is different from your SHU Card. Your SHU Card is not affected.
- I do not get refunds. Do I still need to keep the Pioneer Card and Why?
YES, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT EXPECT TO GET A REFUND, you are REQUIRED to sign on to www.PioneerPlusCard.com after receiving your card in the mail at home to select a refund preference. You will need your personal code to log on. Virtually every student receives some sort of student refund during his or her college career. This initial selection ensures that there will be no delay in processing refunds for you in the future.
- Is opening a OneAccount with Higher One my only option to obtain my refund
No, you also have the option to have your refund deposited directly to your bank via an ACH deposit.
- What are my choices for refund preferences?
You have two refund choices a) activate a OneAccount or b) have your refund directly deposited through ACH to an account you already have.
- What do I need to Log in?
You need your Personal Code and your student ID number.
- What if I elect to have my refunds deposited into my personal checking account, do I need to keep the PioneerPlusCard?
Yes, put it away in a safe place in the event you need to update or change your information in the future.
- The website states that ACH deposits to an existing account take 2-3 days where as the deposit to the OneAccount is instant, why is that?
The WEX Bank that maintains the OneAccount is the same company that processes electronic payments for the University so they are able to deposit the funds directly to the OneAccount when the funds are received from the University.
When ACH transfers are made from The WEX Bank to a different banking institution there is additional processing time.
Either way, the funds are available much quicker then when receiving a paper check. Checks are processed and mailed manually and most banks place a hold on checks to allow the funds to clear.
- If I choose to receive my refund through the OneAccount option, will I have access to a Higher One ATM machine?
Yes, there will be a Higher One ATM machine located on campus near the cashier’s window in the Academic Building.
- What if I did not receive a Personal Code at my home?
There is a "Where’s my code?" feature on the first page of www.PioneerPlusCard.com, check there first to track your code.
If your home address is in a country outside of the United States, your code will be shipped to your local address in the next few weeks.
If you had an incomplete home address listed with Sacred Heart, you will need to correct your home address in WebAdvisor on the Sacred Heart University website.
- Are there any fees associated with either option?
There are no fees associated with the electronic delivery of your refund. If you select the OneAccount as your method of receiving refunds, there are normal banking fees associated with the account. A full schedule of fees can be found at www.PioneerPlusCard.com.
- Can I change my preference for receiving money from Sacred Heart University?
Yes, just log in to your Higher One account and select Refund Preferences from the Refund menu option. Once on the page, simply make your new selection and click the Update Preference button to complete the process. Be aware that your new selection will only impact future money you receive from SHU.
- How will I know when my money has been sent?
Higher One will send you an email to the address you entered during set up. You can also view the status online at www.pioneerpluscard.com or sign up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with convenience mobile alerts
- Does this affect my work study pay, stipends or awards?
No, the PioneerPlusCard program is ONLY for refunds issued by the Bursar’s office at this time.
- Where can I go, or who can I call if I have questions?
There is a button called EasyHelp on the front page of www.PioneerPlusCard.com . EasyHelp allows you to look for answers by category. You can also call Higher One Customer Care at 1-877-405-5442 or the University at 203-371-7999 and ask for the Accounts Payable Department.