The Presidential Seminar has two phases:
- The first is a concentrated eight day immersion program of study on the Catholic Intellectual Tradition. The immersion program begins in May and will meet from 9:00am to 1:00pm each day. Dr. John Petillo will join us for lunch on one of those days.
- The second phase is four all day workshops scheduled during the course of the academic year to continue to deepen the study that began in May and to explore the pedagogical and research issues that emerge during the seminar.
Participants are expected to be active members of the seminar for the whole year and produce a tangible outcome connected to the Catholic Intellectual Tradition as a result of the seminar. Such outcomes include a publishable paper or a new course that the professor would teach. A final meeting for presentations of projects has been scheduled in September. Faculty members who have participated in the Presidential Seminar will be invited to ongoing programs and conversations in the years to come as a way to strengthen and deepen insights resulting from the seminar.
Faculty members who are accepted will receive a $5,000 grant for their participation in the Seminar and completion of their projects.
To apply for the program:
Complete the Presidential Seminar Application and return it to the Office of Mission & Catholic Identity by March 1, 2013.
Previous participants include:
Kirk Bartholomew, Audrey Beauvais, Mark Beekey, Jody Bortone, Jeff Cain, Patricia Conti, Bronwyn Cross-Denny, Tom Curran, Lesley DeNardis, Sue Deschenes, Eleni Diakogeorgiou, Sue Dinnocenti, Clotilde Dudley-Smith, Kwamie Dunbar, Ono Ekeh, Cara Erdheim, Jennie-Rebecca Falcetta, Peter Ferriby, Charlotte Gradie, Tanya Grant, June-Ann Greeley, Beau Greer, Andra Gumbus, Dhia Habboush, Mark Jareb, Alka Jauhari, Jacqueline Kelleher, Christopher Kelly, Stephane Kirven, Kenneth Knies, Andrew Lazowski, Nathan Lewis, Michelle Loris, Bridget Lyons, Richard Magee, Khawaja Mamun, Christel Manning, Robin McAllister, James McCabe, Steven Michels, John Michniewicz, Anca Micu, Andrew Miller, Elissa Miller, Jason Molitierno, Amanda Moras, Patrick Morris, Joseph Nagy, Rupendra Paliwal, Edward Papa, Barbara Pierce, Joan Pollack, Anna Price, Gerald Reid, John Roney, Sally Ross, Nicole Roy, Eric Scibek, Daniel Shim, Joshua Shuart, Brian Stiltner, Geffrey Stopper, Thomas Terleph, Michael Ventimiglia, Greg Viggiano, Valerie Wherley, Deirdre Yeater, Sandra Young, Jonas Zdanys
Presidential Seminar Team:
- Michael W. Higgins, Vice President for Mission & Catholic Identity
- Fr. Anthony Ciorra, Assistant Vice President for Mission & Catholic Identity
- David Coppola, Vice President for Strategic Planning & Administration
- Ami Neville, Secretary