The core values of Sacred Heart University are its guiding principles. They define what the University stands for and are, therefore, of intrinsic value to the University community. Flowing from the long tradition of Catholic universities, the University’s core values are the following:
- Preservation, transmission and development of the Catholic intellectual and the liberal arts traditions
- Commitment to excellence in all that we do
- Pursuit of truth and knowledge as intrinsically valuable
- Promotion of the common good of society
- Recognition of the dignity and worth of every human being
These core values guide the University’s operating practices, business strategies and cultural norms. Sacred Heart University is committed to these values for the long term.