An Uncommon Commons
|The new McMahon Commons was designed
by internationally renowned Sasaki Architects,
who designed our award-winning Chapel,
and other major projects at such schools as Harvard,
Boston College, and Trinity College in Hartford.
As impressive as the building’s form will be its wide-ranging function. The lower level will feature a well equipped pub for various student and campus activities; the first floor, an impressive presentation room along with the University’s bookstore; the second floor, student services such as Career Services, and the top floor, two separate dining areas plus a state-of-the-art kitchen.
From a meeting of a few friends to an official University gathering, from a quick lunch to a formal patio dinner, from a solo study session to a full-house presentation, the new McMahon Commons will meet a variety of needs, providing valuable space, resources and support for our students, our faculty and our entire Sacred Heart community.
Exterior of McMahon Commons
- Sophistication and elegance, without extravagance
- Open, transparent building with lots of glass
- Italian natural stone
- Working toward LEED Silver certification
Interior of McMahon Commons
- Beautiful interior finishes
- Terrazzo floors
- Monumental staircase at core of building
- Expansive, comfortable lounge area
- Large dining area seating 250 people