Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I lose my SHUCard?
Log on to Blackboard and deactivate your account or call 203-371-7913. By reporting your card lost or stolen it will be deactivated, and your account(s) are suspended preventing unauthorized use. The cardholder is responsible for all use prior to the card has been reported. All cards reported lost or stolen will require the cardholder to come to the Student Union Campus Concierge to have a new card reissued or a found card to be reinstated.
- What if I damage my SHUCard?
Bring the damaged card to Campus Concierge, and we will replace it for free. A reminder that lost and stolen cards are subject to our standard replacement rates that are currently $25 per occurrence.
- How can I protect my card?
- Do not expose your card to any magnetic devices.
- Keep your card in a safe carrying sleeve.
- Do not punch holes in your card.
- Do not give yourSHUCard to anyone else.
- Campus offices are not allowed to hold your card as collateral.
- Do not tamper with any information on your card.
- What if I need to make changes to my card?
Bring your card to Student Union Campus Concierge in the Main Academic Building, and we will reprint the new card with a new name, classification or student ID number for free. Proper documentation is usually required for all name and account changes.
- Do I need to get a new card every year?
No. Your card is valid as long as you continue to be a student or employee of Sacred Heart University. If you leave the University for 12 months or more, you may need to have a new card issued.
- Where can I use my card?
The card is an official verification of eligibility for many student privileges, including access to the Pitt Center, housing dining centers, certain athletic events, checking out library books, printing and riding the shuttles for free. You can also use your card to purchase items from the bookstore and participating merchants.
- How do I make a deposit into my SHUCash account?
The easiest way to make a SHUCash deposit is online at SHUcard Management Site You will need a credit card and the card number you want to deposit funds into, or you can make a deposit in person at the PHIL machine adjacent to ATM and Student Union Office.
- I am a Graduate student. Am I eligible for a card?
Yes, the card may be obtained at Student Union Campus Concierge. Office hours are 10 am to 11pm 7 days a week for card issuance.
- How do I obtain a Visitor/Guest Card?
Simply visit the PHIL machine adjacent to the ATM in the main Academic Building.
- What if I damage my Visitor/Guest Card?
Bring the damaged card to Student Union Campus Concierge, and we will replace it for free.