Over the summer, Sacred Heart University is home to interns and guests from all over the US and around the world that are either taking summer classes on campus or pursuing internships at the one of many companies located in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
The Sacred Heart University campus is situated in an ideal location — it is a safe, suburban campus located on 69 acres in beautiful Fairfield, Connecticut and is conveniently located between New York City (55 miles) and Boston (150 miles).
The campus offers easy access to the Merritt Parkway and I-95, with local public transportation access to many areas around the region.
Below you will find an overview of Summer Housing at Sacred Heart University for 2016. The information below will review summer housing accommodations for 2015, dates of availability, weekly rate for housing, the weekly schedule and amenities. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Residential Life at Sacred Heart University.
Summer Intern and Guest Housing at a Glance
Below you will find a few quick facts regarding Summer Housing at Sacred Heart University.
- Dates of Availability: TO BE DETERMINED FOR SUMMER 2016
- Weekly Rate - $175 (single room occupancy only)
- Rate is based on full weekly attendance starting on Fridays - Rate is not pro-rated.
- You are only charged for the weeks you are assigned and living in your room.
- Payment is collected every two weeks (See payment schedule below)
- A $50 non-refundable move-in fee and a minimum of two weeks rent is required at the time of move-in.
- All interns and guests are housed in single bedrooms in a multi-bedroom suite with a shared common bathroom.
- All apartments are fully furnished, although linens are not provided.
- Kitchens have a full size fridge, microwave oven, stove and oven. Pots, pans, cutlery and cooking implements are not provided.
- Bedrooms are equipped with standard twin bed, desk, dresser, closet and personal microwave/fridge combo.
- Living rooms are equipped with couch, chair, kitchen table, kitchen chairs and coffee tables.
- All apartments are equipped with Wi-Fi and cable television jacks.
- Laundry machines are on-premises. Washers and Dryers are $1.50 per load.
- 24/7 security is on-premises and summer staff is on-duty every night.
- Sacred Heart University Summer Housing is alcohol free regardless of age.
- Food facilities are located on campus on a limited basis. No formal meal plans are provided and cash may be used for all purchases.
- Parking is available for all Summer Housing students
- Mail delivery is not available for summer interns living on campus; please make other arrangements if you foresee needing to receive mail over the summer.
- SHU is conveniently located on the Greater Bridgeport Transit (GBT) #4 bus line with Metro North train connections at the Bridgeport Train Station.
This summer, TO BE DETERMINED will be the home for Summer Housing.
The first check-in date is TO BE DETERMINED between 1 pm and 5 pm. The final check-out date is TO BE DETERMINED between 10 am and 6 pm.
Applicants with Special Needs
Special accommodations are available for interns with a documented physical condition. Applicants who are requesting special accommodations must contact the Office of Residential Life prior to applying and provide required documentation if needed.
Application move-in fee + two week’s rent
After completing your summer housing application, applicants should mail their $50 non- refundable move-in fee and first two weeks rent to the address listed under the payments section to reserve their spot. For interns the room rate is $175 per week. Rate is based on full weekly attendance with the week starting on Friday’s - days are not pro-rated. Once you arrive on campus, rent should be paid in person approximately every two weeks according to the schedule listed below.
Pre-paid rent is due on the following dates:
Due Date of Rent
Number of Weeks Due
$50 move in fee + Two Weeks rent
Two Weeks rent
Two Weeks rent
Two Weeks rent
Two Weeks rent
|One Week Rent|
Interns and guests are only charged for the weeks they live in their assigned room.
All residents will be billed for any common area damages. Individuals will be billed for individual damages, missing keys/cards, or improper checkouts.
If your internship or company is paying for your housing, please have them contact the Office of Residential Life at Sacred Heart University to arrange for payment. Mail service is not provided to summer interns during summer housing. You may want to have your mail delivered to the company you are working for, or work out alternative means to have mail delivered to you.
Housing Payment Options
Payment by Mail:
Checks should be mailed to:
Summer Housing Program
Office of Residential Life
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Please make checks payable to "Sacred Heart University." Please mark on the check “SHU Summer Housing” and include the interns first and last name on the memo line.
Payment in Person:
Once you arrive on campus, payments can be made in person though the Office of Residential Life. Information about paying in person will be shared with summer interns when they arrive on campus for the summer.
At this time, Sacred Heart University’s Office of Residential Life is unable to accept credit cards as a form of payment for summer housing.
Applying for Summer Housing
Before you submit your application please review the summer housing accommodations, amenities, and rates provided above. It is important that you familiarize yourself with the housing accommodations we offer as well as summer housing rates and payment dates. Please contact the Office of Residential Life before submitting your application if you have any questions.
As part of your application, you will be required to review and agree to the terms and conditions in the Summer 2016 Intern Housing Agreement/Contract. Applications will only be processed during Business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 4:30PM) and must be complete at least 24 hours before your scheduled move-in time.
Once you complete the application we will place you accordingly. Please anticipate hearing from us regarding your housing assignment between To BE DETERMINED.
We will accept applications for Summer Intern Housing in single rooms in TO BE DETERMINED on a space-available basis.
If we are unable to process your application or if there is a problem with your application, we will notify you as soon as possible.
There is $50 non-refundable move-in fee and two weeks rent payment due with registration.