Over the summer, Sacred Heart University is home to interns and guests from all over the US and around the world that are either taking summer classes on campus or pursuing internships at the one of many companies located in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
The Sacred Heart University campus is situated in an ideal location — it is a safe, suburban campus located on 69 acres in beautiful Fairfield, Connecticut and is conveniently located between New York City (55 miles) and Boston (150 miles).
The campus offers easy access to the Merritt Parkway and I-95, with local public transportation access to many areas around the region. SHU is conveniently located on the Greater Bridgeport Transit (GBT) #4 bus line with Metro North and Amtrak train connections at the Bridgeport Train Station.
Below you will find an overview of Summer Housing at Sacred Heart University for 2017. The information below will review summer housing accommodations, dates of availability, weekly rate for housing, payment schedule and amenities. Please note, our intern housing is offered to individuals participating in an internship in the local area. We do not offer family housing at the university. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Residential Life at Sacred Heart University.
Summer Intern Housing at a Glance
Below you will find a few quick facts regarding Summer Housing at Sacred Heart University.
- Dates of Availability: Friday May 19, 2017 (opening at 1:00 PM) to Friday August 4, 2017 (by 6:00 PM) - No exceptions.
- Weekly Rate - $200 (Single Room) OR $150 (Double Room With Roommate)
- Rate is based on full weekly attendance starting on Fridays - Rate is not pro-rated.
- You are charged for the weeks during the entirety of your stay from requested move-in date to move-out date.
- Payment is expected every two weeks (See payment schedule below).
- A $50 non-refundable administrative move-in fee and a minimum of two weeks rent is required at or prior to the time of move-in. *The move-in fee will be waived if rent is paid upfront IN FULL, for the duration of the summer stay.
This summer, Christian Witness Commons will be the home for Summer Housing.
- All interns and guests are housed in single or double bedrooms within a multi-bedroom suite with 2 shared common bathrooms.
- All apartments are air conditioned and fully furnished, although linens are not provided.
- Bedrooms are equipped with standard twin bed, desk, dresser, micro-fridge and closet.
- Kitchens have a full size fridge, microwave, stove and oven. Pots, pans, cutlery and cooking implements are not provided.
- Living rooms are equipped with couch, chair, kitchen table, kitchen chairs and coffee tables.
- All apartments are equipped with Wi-Fi and cable television jacks. In order to access Wi-Fi, all interns and guests will need to provide device types and IP addresses prior to moving in. Our office will contact you with further information upon confirming your assignment.
- Laundry machines are on-premises. Washers and Dryers are laundry card operated and $1.50 per load. Information on obtaining a laundry card will be available upon arrival.
- 24/7 security is on-premises and summer staff is on-duty every night.
- Sacred Heart University Summer Housing is alcohol and smoke free regardless of age.
- Food facilities are located on campus on a limited basis. No formal meal plans are provided and cash may be used for all purchases.
- Parking is free and available for all Summer Housing students.
- Mail delivery is not available for summer interns living on campus; please make other arrangements if you foresee needing to receive mail over the summer. You may want to have your mail delivered to the company you are working for.
Applicants with Special Needs
Special accommodations are available for interns with a documented physical condition. Applicants who are requesting special accommodations must contact the Office of Residential Life prior to applying and provide required documentation if needed.
Housing Rates & Payment Info
Please click here to view and print a copy of the 2017 Summer Housing Payment Guide
- A one-time $50 administrative move-in fee* and a minimum of two weeks rent is required at the time of move-in. Move-in fee can be paid in advance with the first rent payment, or paid at the time of move-in. *The move-in fee will be waived if rent is paid upfront IN FULL, for the duration of the summer stay.
- Rate is based on full weekly attendance starting on Fridays - Rate is not pro-rated. If you move in on a day other than Friday, you are still responsible for the full weekly rate leading up to the following Friday. Interns and guests are charged for the weeks during the entirety of their stay from requested move-in date to move-out date.
- Payments can be made in person at your summer residence hall during designated rent collection hours, or can be mailed to: Residential Life – Summer Housing Program, 5151 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT 06825
- Payments can be made via cash or check only. Checks should be made payable to SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY. No debit or credit cards can be accepted.
- Residents will be billed for any bedroom, common area, and apartment damage, missing keys/cards, or improper checkouts.
If your internship or company is paying for your housing, please have them contact the Office of Residential Life at Sacred Heart University to arrange for payment.
Applying for Summer Housing
Before you submit your application please review the summer housing accommodations, amenities, and rates provided above. It is important that you familiarize yourself with the housing accommodations we offer as well as summer housing rates and payment dates. The application will require emergency contact information, your requested dates of stay and internship company information. Please contact the Office of Residential Life before submitting your application if you have any questions.
Applications will only be processed during business hours (Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 4:30PM) and must be complete at least 48 business hours before your scheduled move-in time.
Once you complete the application we will place you accordingly. Please anticipate hearing from us regarding your housing assignment between May 1st and May 8th.
We will accept applications for Summer Intern Housing on a space-available basis.
If we are unable to process your application or if there is a problem with your application, we will notify you as soon as possible.