The 2014-15 RSA Selection Application deadline has passed. Thank you for your interest.
Below you will find information about the application process for the Returning Resident Success Assistant (RSA) position. As you start your application please read through all of the information completely as some aspects of the application process have changed. As you continue through the process please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Residential Life or contact your Hall Director if you have any questions.
Returning RSA Eligibility
- You must have a 2.5 grade point average both cumulatively, and for the semester prior to employment.
- You must be a full time undergraduate student at Sacred Heart University.
- You must hold a current student staff position or have held a student staff position within the Office of Residence Life for a least a full academic year (two semesters).
- You must be eligible for campus housing to be a student staff member. All students are granted four years of undergraduate housing. As long as you will be within the four allotted years while working as a student staff member, you may be granted a student staff position.
- You must not have open/active judicial sanctions with a judicial hearing officer at Sacred Heart University.
Returning Resident Success Assistant
The process to reapply for the RSA position will be identical regardless of how many years experience. Here is a very brief overview of the application process for the Returning Student Staff Member position.
Returning RSA Application Process
- Returning Student Staff Application – Fill out the online application located on Office of Residential Life web site. (Applications must be completed and submitted online by February 7, 2014 at noon)
- Create a resume – You will need to provide a paper copy of your current resume at the time of your interview.
- Time Commitment Worksheet – Fill out time commitment worksheet and bring it with you to discuss during your interview. You can get the sheet by clicking here: RSA Time Commitment Worksheet
- Individual Interviews – Lasting roughly 45 minutes, your individual interview will be with a member of the Office of Residential Life Staff. Once you have completed your application you will be contacted individually by the Office of Residence Life to set up an interview. Please bring all necessary materials with you. (Interviews will take place February 10 – 17, 2014)
- Interview Question Preparation – You must prepare an answer to the following question at the interview: What was your most significant Residential Life experience during the previous semester? - The expectation regarding the answer to this question is that it is well thought out and meaningful.
- Notification - Letters notifying you of your status as a student staff member will be sent out via e-mail to all applicants by Friday, February 21, 2014.
- Acceptance - Returning RSAs will have until Monday, February 24, 2014 at noon to accept or decline the position.