Important Break Information & Dates
End of the Academic Year Closing:
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018: Residence Halls close and residents must leave by 10:00 a.m.*
*Residents must leave campus 24 hours after their last final or by Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 10 a.m. (whichever comes first). Prior to their departure day, students MUST schedule a Check-Out Appointment with their RSA. This check-out appointment will occur on their actual departure day. Failure to follow the proper procedures for checking out will result in a fine.
Late Stay Housing Information - End of the Academic Year
Only students with prior approval are permitted to remain in their Spring On-campus Housing Assignment during the intersession time (May 9, 2018 – May 18, 2018). All students must sign up at the Early Arrival Page available on Monday April 16th.
IF YOU LIVE IN SETON and MERTON HALL: You are required to vacate your room no later than 10 AM on Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 and move to Roncalli Hall because of Senior Week. Please contact Gregory Madrid, Assistant Director of Residential Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a friend who you would like to live with in another Residential Area. An assignment will be sent to you at 4 PM on Monday, May 7th, 2018. There are no exceptions to this information.
IF YOU ARE A GRADUATING SENIOR and NOT PARTICIPATING IN SENIOR WEEK YOU ARE INELIGIBLE FOR LATE STAY HOUSING: You must vacate your room by 10 AM on Wednesday, May 9th, 2018. There are no exceptions to this information.
A charge of $40 per night will be charged to you for your stay past closing. Only students who fall under the following categories will not be charged:
- International Students without a local host family who are staying for Summer Housing.
- Students who need to stay in the local area for academic work including student teaching, internships, and lab experiments with prior approval from your professor or academic department.
- In-season varsity athletes who are required to stay on campus for games or matches with prior approval from your coach.
- Students who are working graduation in either the Band, Choir or with Student Life and the Student Union.
- Students staying for Summer Housing at SHU and need to stay during the Building Reset from May 10th to May19th when Summer Housing opens.
If you are staying beyond the closing date, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you still complete a check-out with your RSA before the halls close. Failure to do so will result in a $50 improper check out fine.
(If you are staying on campus for academic work or as an in-season varsity athlete as defined above, please have your coach or departmental representative contact Gregory Madrid, Assistant Director of Residential Life, at email@example.com to grant you the appropriate permission to stay as soon as possible.)
Fall 2018 Openings:
- Friday, August 24, 2018: Roncalli Hall and Toussaint Hall Open - TBD
- Saturday, August 25, 2018: Merton Hall and Seton Hall Open - TBD
- Sunday, August 26, 2018: Bergoglio Hall, Christian Witness Commons, The Gardens, Scholar's Commons, The Ridge and Taft Commons Open - TBD