The Office of Residential Life closes all residence halls for the Easter Break on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 10AM and reopens on Tuesday April 22, 2014 at 10AM for ALL Students. You must complete the form below if you need to stay in the residence halls during that time.
Only students with prior approval are permitted to gain access or reside in on-campus housing during Easter Break. Only students with approved reasons are allowed to stay for Easter Break Housing. Students without approved reasons can get permission from Residential Life to remain in University Housing at a $35 per day charge. The following are approved reasons:
- International Students without a local host family
- Students who live further than 5 hours away and have travel issues (ex. late or early flights, cannot make the trip, etc.)
- Students who need to stay for academic work including student teaching, internships, and lab experiments with prior approval from your professor or academic department.
- Students working for University departments with supervisor approval (ex. Admissions, Factory, Bookstore, etc.)
- In-season varsity athletes who are required to stay on campus for official training periods and/or games or matches with prior approval from your coach.
- Athletic Training Students who are working with Varsity Athletics
- Pre-approved University sponsored programs (ex. Habitat For Humanity, Volunteer Mission Trips, etc.)
Any violation of the student conduct code during the intercession period will result in the immediate termination of the applicants stay without refund and regardless of early arrival reason. Coaches are ultimately responsible for the conduct of their players. All Residence Halls are dry during intercession housing and overnight guests are prohibited.
Reminder: During Easter Break Housing, not all services on campus are fully functional. We do have limited staff within the halls and Public Safety is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Campus Operations and Information Technology work on a number of projects during Easter Break and may with notification turn off power, water, internet, or other systems to perform maintenance or upgrades during daytime hours.
*You will need your SHU network username and password to complete. Only residents with current housing assignments will be able to register using this system. All others should contact the Residential Life Office at 203-416-3417
If you need to cancel, alter your request, or have questions, please notify Gregory Madrid at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office of Residential Life at 203-416-3417.