Students looking for on-campus SHU housing for the Fall 2014 semester are very strongly encouraged to participate in the Housing Selection Process that takes place from February to April, 2014. This is a multi-faceted, active process that requires students to do things on timeline in order to preserve the most options available to them.
For the month of February, the main items to be aware of are:
- Paying the Housing Deposit
- Attending a Housing Information Session
- Applying for Pre-Selection/Specialty Housing options (if applicable)
All undergraduate students interested in living in residential housing for the Fall 2014 semester are required to place a $500 deposit. The deposit is applied toward the Fall 2014 housing fee.
- A NONREFUNDABLE* lottery number deposit of $500 must be made to Student Accounts for housing by noon on February 28, 2014. Please Note: Deposit payable by cash or check only. This is a separate charge and will not appear on your billing statement.
- The student’s financial account balance must be paid to date (i.e. paid in full OR current with FEBRUARY 28TH DEADLINE, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT IT BE MAILED NO LATER THAN February 23, 2014.
Please make check payable to SACRED HEART UNIVERSITY and be sure to indicate on the check “FOR HOUSING DEPOSIT” Mail to: Sacred Heart University c/o Student Accounts, 5151 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT 06825.
The deposit ensures that each student has a valid lottery number, students then need to follow the housing selection process in order to secure a housing placement. Students who deposit late may not be included in the lottery and will select housing through Final Selection.
*Deposit is forfeited if you receive a lottery number and select a housing placement or housing is assigned to you for the Fall 2014 Semester through the selection process.
Housing Information Sessions
The Housing Information Session is the primary way that pertinent information is communicated to students regarding the Housing Selection Process. An overview of the process, deadlines, and what needs to be done will be covered and staff will be on hand to answer questions. ALL students planning on returning or choosing on campus housing are required to attend one of the sessions.
Location for all meetings is the Schine
- Wednesday 2/5 2pm-3pm
- Friday 2/7 3:30pm-4:30pm
- Sunday 2/9 1pm-2pm
- Monday 2/10 2pm-3pm
- Tuesday 2/11 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Friday 2/14 9am-10am
- Wednesday 2/19 11am-12pm
- Thursday 2/20 2pm-3pm