Below are the three easy steps you need to take to sign up for housing at Sacred Heart University. If you run into any difficulty as you go through this process, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Residential Life at 203-416-3417.
Step 1: Create Your SHU Network Account
Please note that you will need your student ID number for this process. Please anticipate its arrival in mail over the next few days from the Office of Residential Life if you do not already have it.
- Go to: http://myshu.sacredheart.edu
- Click the link "Manage Network Account" located on the left side of the page
- Click the link "Click Here to Set up a New Network Account and Email"
- Fill out the appropriate prompts and click "Next"
- Continue through the remaining screens and your account will activate.
***If you run into any difficulty with this process, please contact the IT department at 203.365.7575
Step 2: Fill Out Your Housing Application
- Visit our on-line housing portal at http://housing.sacredheart.edu/
- Use your recently created SHU Usernameand Password to log in to "my housing"
- Your user name is the first portion of your email address. If your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username is "smitha". Using your entire e-mail address will generate an error message.
- Your password will be the same password you created when you visited the "myshu" site in step 1.
- Select from the dropdown menu "Fall 2013 Incoming Freshman Housing Application (Fall 2013)" and click the next button.
- Please note that there are additional active applications available on this page. Please double check and make sure you select the correct application noted above.
- Carefully read the Resident Hall Contract for Student Housing in its entirety. It contains the conditions of your residency on-campus.
- If you are 17 years of age or under on the date of your application (that is, the date you are reading the contract and filling out the applications) STOP! You must print out the application downloadable from the Reslife website (Fall 2013 Housing Agreement). Please print, fill out the contract, and have a parent or guardian sign the bottom, and return it to:
Office of Residential Life
Attn: Freshman Assignments
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
- Fill out the appropriate fields in the Personal Preferences. Click "Continue" when done.
- Select your living Preferences in order. Remember that First-Year students are only eligible to live in "Elizabeth Ann Seton Hall," "Angelo Roncalli Hall," or "Thomas Merton Hall." Click "Add" for each ordered preference. Due to MANY factors, specific Residential Hall preferences are requests and not a guarantee of placement in a particular hall. When done, click "Complete Application."
- Your application is now complete! Please print that page, which contains a number of important useful reference information, web-links, and frequently asked questions. You can then proceed to finding roommates and requesting them online.
Step 3: Find and Request Your Roommates Online
- If you would like to use the free, official SHU-online roommate matching service, go to http://apps.facebook.com/roomsync
- To set up your unique Roomsync user account, type in "Sacred Heart University" in the network box. Be sure to choose "Sacred Heart University" (NOT the one associated with Living Learning Communities).
- Pick the proper classification (Double/Triple & Male/Female accordingly). Your classification was pre-determined. Selecting into any other beside the one you are assigned will not work.
- Enter in the 6-digit user code that was sent to you in your email. If you lost it or did not receive it, please call the housing office.
- You are now free to build your profile, browser through other student profiles, and communicate with potential roommates.
- When you have found someone that you would like to request to live with, go to the Roommate request tab in Roomsync and formally enter your request there.
To request a roommate that you knew (e.g. from HS, your hometown, or that you met at Orientation). You don't need to go to Roomsync. You can request your roommate through the myhousing portal.
(In late May you will be emailed information to your Sacred Heart account with instructions on how to sign up and use Roomsync)
- Go to the myhousing website (http://housing.sacredheart.edu/) and follow the following steps.
- Enter your SHU username and password. Remember, this will be the original username and password you created on the "myshu" website.
- Click on the "Roommate Selection" option at the top of the page.
- Enter the first and last name of the student you wish to request and click "Request Student as Roommate." Be sure to do the same if you are requesting another person for a triple room.
- When your roommate group is fully matched, the status next to your roommate requests listed on the screen should read "MATCHES." If this does not match, remind your requested roommate to request you. Without a matching status, the computer will not house you together. This must be complete by Monday July 8, 2013. You may revisit this site as often as you would like to check the status of your roommate matches.
You are all set. You have your network username and password, you have applied for housing, and you have explored and/or created some roommate requests. Once you applied for housing and made the appropriate requests, the only thing you can do is wait. The Office of Residential Life will make all housing assignments at the end of July. You will receive confirmation of your housing assignment and roommates via the mail, and you will also be able to view your housing at http://housing.sacredheart.edu