Intercession and Summer Housing
- When are breaks/intercessions on campus?
- The intercession schedule is as follows:Intercession/BreakHalls CloseHalls OpenThanksgiving BreakDay before Thanksgivingat 10amSunday after Thanksgivingat 10amWinter RecessSunday after last day of examsat 10amThird Monday in Januaryat 10amSpring BreakFirst Saturday in March at 10amSecond Sunday in March at 10amEaster BreakWednesday before Easterat 10amTuesday after Easter at 10am
- Can I stay on campus during breaks?
Only specific students with specific needs are allowed to reside on campus during a break. Students such as athletes and international or far-away students are some examples. You can inquire further by contacting the Office of Residential Life.
- What if I’m taking a summer class?
If you are taking a class on campus you can apply for Summer Housing. Residents of summer housing will be charged per week. Forms will be ready in the spring semester for you to apply.
- Are the housing rules the same during intercessions and summer housing?
Yes, students are expected to follow the rules set forth in the Student handbook, just like they would during the school year.
- How are the halls staffed during breaks and summer housing?
Resident Assistants are on duty during the summer months just like they would be during the academic year. If a problem should arise, contact your RA or Public Safety for any assistance.
- Can I have overnight guests during summer housing?
Yes, the process and rules are the same for summer housing as it is for housing during the academic year. Overnight guests of the same gender are allowed to stay in the room of the host resident. If the overnight guest is of the opposite gender, it is the resident’s responsibility to find another resident of that gender to host the guest for the evenings. You will need to speak to your RA or find an RA on duty to fill out a request for an overnight guest pass.