Housing Guide for International Students

Are you an international ESL or graduate student looking for housing and local area information? Here you will find helpful resources and information on finding an apartment or home convenient to SHU campus, as well as information on local hotels.

ESL students who complete the ESL program and who transition to Undergraduate studies are eligible for on-campus housing.

Full-time Graduate Students

At this time, there is no on-campus housing available for Graduate students or married students. Please click on the following links for additional information and help finding off-campus accommodation.

Full-time Undergraduate Students

You are eligible for on-campus housing. Once you submit your Enrollment Deposit (before May 1 for Freshmen) you will receive on-campus housing information. Transfer students, please contact the Office of International Admissions. See contact information below.

ESL Students

Upon successful completion of the Advanced course and English proficiency testing, ESL students who continue at SHU as Full-time Undergraduates are eligible for on-campus housing.

If you are planning to attend a short-term ESL program you might consider a Home Stay or off-campus apartment.

ESL students, click on the following link for a local service agency


Still have questions? Please contact the Office of International Admissions