Newly admitted dance students have the opportunity to move into your dorm rooms one week in advance! Students will spend the week getting to know your new classmates and taking classes with our SHU dance instructors and guests in an immersive dance intensive experience!
Dancers will have the opportunity to study ballet, modern, contemporary, jazz, tap dance and repertory with our professional dance instructors and guests. Daily meals and housing will be provided by Sacred Heart University.
- August 20, 2017: Move-in
- August 21 – 25, 2017: Dance Intensive
Please fill out the online application below and send a check made payable to Sacred Heart University to:
Kari Williams, Director of Dance
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
- 7:30 – 9:00 AM Breakfast
- 9:15-9:30 AM Check in and Warm UP!
- 9:30 -10:45 Ballet Class
- 10:45 – 11:30 Jazz (Tues./Wed.) Hip Hop (Thurs./Fri.)
- 11:30-1:30 PM: Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:30 Modern Dance Technique with Choreographic Investigation
- (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) / Tap (Friday)
- 2:30- 3:30 PM Contemporary Dance Repertory
- 3:30 – 4:30 PM Special Workshops & Repertory Rehearsals
- “Dance in College and Beyond” Workshop
- “Injury Prevention” Workshop
- 4:30-6:30 PM Dinner and Special Events with your new dance family!