The Mind Your Business Program is a one-week pre-fall program, open to incoming freshmen interested in a major within the Jack Welch College of Business. You might know exactly what you want to do for a career, or you might be completely undecided. Either way, you’ll find keys to the next step within this program. You’ll meet other students, faculty, employers and other community partners who will help you establish your network from day one. You’ll begin to explore the Welch College of Business and learn skills necessary to get you on the right track, both professionally and personally.
Below are just a few of the skills/highlights the Mind Your Business program offers:
- We set expectations and goals for your first year as a student in the Jack Welch College of Business
- We help participants strengthen professional skills necessary for success as a student and as a professional, including:
- and More!
- Corporate visits to local companies
- Personal time with guest speakers, faculty, and internship providers to learn what they are looking for and how to deliver it
- The program gives participants confidence to get involved once classes begin, as well as be completely immersed in the university during their time at SHU
- We help guide participants through the transition of high school to college
- ...and oh yeah...it’s FUN!
Dates: August 21 - 26, 2017
Contact: Rob Coloney, Welch College of Business, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2017