Kick-start your first year at SHU with “A Week of Wellness”! This one-week pre-fall program, open to incoming first-year students, will explore the seven dimensions of wellness: Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, Social, Spiritual, Occupational, and Environmental.
During this active and fun-filled week, students will have an opportunity to make new friends, meet staff & faculty, and learn more about SHU!
Wellness is important for everyone! By learning about wellness from a holistic perspective, students will feel empowered and prepared for a successful career at SHU!
Planned activities include:
- Team building
- Academic success strategies
- Local volunteer opportunity
- Hiking, yoga class, outdoor ropes course, fitness class
- Diversity in healthcare
- Career exploration
- Meet the Dean of the College of Health Professions
- Guest speakers: Wellness Center, Student Life, Residential Life, Campus Ministry & Career Development
Dates: Sunday, August 20 – Friday, August 25, 2017
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Contact: Valerie Wherley, Director of Student Experience in the College of Health Professions