Now that you've met the staff, know what to bring, and compared the residence halls, you are now ready to start your Housing Application and Roommate Selection Process! Before continuing, make sure that you have set up your SHU Email.
The Housing Application (mandatory) & RoomSync Selection (recommended) must be completed no later than Monday, July 7th, 2014. You will be notified where you are living and who your roommate is by late July.
Before you begin, please be aware that once you start the application, you must complete it. You cannot save it and go back to finish at a later time.
Complete the Housing Application:
- Go to the "MyHousing" portal
- Your username will be the same as your Email Address, but without the "@mail.sacredheart.edu" (ie. Email = email@example.com Username = smithj)
- From the drop down menu, select "Fall 2014 Incoming Freshmen Housing Application (Fall 2014)"
- Be sure to carefully read the Resident Hall Contract for Student Housing in its entirety. After reviewing it, click "I Agree" to continue your process*
- Fill out the appropriate fields until your application is complete
*If you are under the age of 18, you must print out the and have your parent/guardian sign and return by mail to:
Sacred Heart University
Office of Residential Life
Attn: Freshmen Assignments
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Shortly after Orientation, you will receive an email to your SHU email account that contains instructions on how to sign up for and use the roommate selection website “RoomSync.” You will have the option of ‘shopping’ for a roommate there, choosing a roommate that you may already know from your time prior to SHU, or going ‘random’ with another incoming SHU freshman. Keep an eye on your email for this info and further directions.