Residential Life offers you more than just a place to eat and sleep. We offer you the place where you meet, live, and interact with interesting people from interesting places; develop friendships; listen to music, read books, write papers, and discuss assignments with your classmates. Creating a safe, cohesive living environment is what we strive for to help you grow as a student and human being.
- The first thing you should do is take a look at the friendly faces that you'll be seeing around the residence halls in the Meet the Residential Life staff section
- Not sure about what you may need? All of your questions can be answered when you take a look at a list of What to Bring (and what NOT to bring!)
- After you take a moment to learn about the Freshmen Residence Halls available to you, you're finally ready to submit your Housing Application! Please follow the two step process listed below to complete this.
- Housing Application
- The Housing Application will become available on March 1, 2014.
- Once available, please read and fill out all fields by Monday, July 7, 2014 to select the proper housing for you!
- Roommate Selection
- This compatibility application allows you to search and choose from a number of roommates available! An email will be sent to your Sacred Heart account with directions regarding the process in shortly after Orientation.
- Once you receive an email to your SHU email account that contains instructions on how to sign up for and use the roommate selection website “RoomSync.” You will have the option of ‘shopping’ for a roommate there, choosing a roommate that you may already know from your time prior to SHU, or going ‘random’ with another incoming SHU freshman. Keep an eye on your email for this info and further directions.
Freshmen Move-In: Saturday, August 23, 2014
Merton Hall - First Floor