Leadership Development is a fundamental component of getting involved at Sacred Heart University. Students have the ability to learn valuable skills that will translate into their daily lives. Our goal is to provide them the knowledge and guidance to practice these skills in the roles they take on while here at SHU and prepare them for their future careers.
Our university is dedicated to helping our students develop as a leader by offering a variety of leadership opportunities. Leadership positions are everywhere and we hope that our students find ones that challenge and guide them in becoming a well-rounded individual.
Whatever previous experiences with leadership our students have, Sacred Heart University will give them the support necessary to reach their full potential, and to make a real difference in the community and world around them.
Students can find leadership opportunities by taking on the following roles:
- Leadership Workshops and Programs
- Student Government Executive Board or Class Boards
- Executive Board in a Club/Organization or Greek Life Organization
- Orientation Leader
- Navigating Leadership
- Resident Success Assistant
- Greek Life Panhellenic Council or Inter Fraternity Council
- Athletic Team Captain or Executive Board member
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee
- Mission Trip Leader
- Pre-Fall Program Leader
- Theatre Arts Program
- S.W.E.E.T Peer Educator
- Volunteer Programs/Campus Ministry
- And many more!