Mission and Values
Our official mission statement is "Established in 1851, Alpha Delta Pi is committed to sisterhood, values and ethics, high academic standards and social responsibility."
Alpha Delta Pi was founded on May 15, 1851 at Wesleyan Female College in Macon, Georgia. They were founded as the first secret society for women, at the first college chartered to grant degrees to women. Our continued principles of scholarship, leadership, sisterhood, and service, guide over 235,000 women across the US and Canada, who call Alpha Delta Pi home.
The Theta Rho Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi at Sacred Heart University was installed as the 145th active chapter of Alpha Delta Pi on April 6, 2013.
Our International philanthropy is Ronald McDonald House Charities. Since 1979, Alpha Delta Pi has been committed to serving RMHC. Since then, Alpha Delta Pi has contributed over $5.4 million dollars and countless hours of community service to this worthwhile cause. Last year alone, sisters contributed over 30,000 volunteer hours to RMHC. The Ronald McDonald House provides a home away from home for families with seriously ill or injured children who are receiving treatments at nearby hospitals. RMH offers these families the comfort of home while going through such a difficult time in their lives.
While Alpha Delta Pi is committed to Ronald McDonald House Charities, chapters are also encouraged to participate in various other community service and volunteering initiatives, which include things like Habitat for Humanity, Relay for Life, Dance Marathons, before and after school programs and homeless shelters or food pantries.
Azure Blue for friendship and White for sincerity and truth
- Woodland Violet
- Badge: Diamond with the clasped hands of friendship
- Mascot: Lion, nicknamed "Alphie"
- President: Christina Mogelnicki
- Executive Vice President: Gianna Notarinni
- Finance Vice President: Shaylee King
- Membership Education Vice President: Katelyn Paquette
- Recruitment Vice President: Kaitlyn Kreitzman
- Director of Standards and Ethics: Kati Csizmadia
- Director of Social Enrichment: Jill Gray
- Panhellenic Delegate: Olivia Druckery