- Two 20-minute halves.
- Running clock.
- One 30 second time out per half per team.
- 3 minute half time.
- Tied games stand.
- No offside penalties.
- Slide Tackling is prohibited
- Indoor league plays 4v4 (1 person must be the goalie)
- Outdoor tournament & league play 6v6 (1 person must be the goalie)
Starting the game
- The referee will conduct a coin toss.
- The winner will select offense or defense.
- The game will begin with possession by the offense.
- After the ball is kicked, the kicker may not play the ball again until it is touched by any other player.
- Teams will be allowed to substitute players at any play stoppage.
- No metal cleats; players may wear molded rubber cleats only.
- We highly recommend that all players wear approved shin and mouth guards.
- Please remove accessories that could be dangerous.
- All free kicks are taken from the spot of the foul.
- Defensive team must be at least 10 yards from the ball.
- Direct free kicks are awarded for any unsportsmanlike conduct or major foul
- Teams will not be allowed to add any new players to their rosters for the playoffs.
- In order to be eligible for the playoffs, a player must have participated in at least one regular season game.
Tie games during playoffs
If a playoff game is tied after regulation time, the following procedure will take effect:
- There will be a 5 minute sudden death overtime period.
- If the tie remains, there will be a shootout.
- Games will be rescheduled, time, space and weather permitting.
- Games may be moved inside the Pitt Center, space permitting.