The Taste of College Program is a special admissions category to encourage currently enrolled high school juniors and seniors who show exceptional academic accomplishments to participate in college level-courses. Students will receive three college credits after successful completion of the course. High school seniors must be recommended by their high school counselor. Course offerings vary each semester. A special reduced tuition per course is in effect for this program, with a maximum of two courses permitted during the summer. There is a limit to the number of high school students. Interested students should apply online or contact Christina Tsimortos, Director of Undergraduate Admissions at 203-864-5076 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Guidance Counselors will be asked to submit an application form, as well as forward a copy of the student’s Transcript, Test Scores, and Letter of Recommendation.
- Once you have decided on a course selection, complete the online application. Make sure there is space available in at least one section of the course you are interested in. Availability is listed on WebAdvisor. View WebAdvisor instructions...
- Have your guidance counselor complete the Taste of College Guidance Counselor form and forward it along with your Transcript, Test Scores and one Letter of Recommendation to:
Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
- If you plan to take a Math, English or Foreign Language course, contact the appropriate department at Sacred Heart University to set up a placement exam
- Ask the professor to send the results of the placement exam to the Assistant to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Christina Tsimortos
- If your application is accepted, you will be notified via email and invited to campus to register
- Any special consideration for placement in courses will be at the discretion of the Admissions Office and the Registrar
- The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to limit the number of Taste of College students to two per class
- These procedures must be followed in order to be considered for admission to the program
- The registration fee is $337 per course (maximum 6 credits), payable at the time of registration