The Taste of College Program is a special admissions category to encourage currently enrolled high school juniors and seniors who show exceptional academic accomplishments to participate in college level-courses. Students will receive three college credits after successful completion of the course. High school seniors must be recommended by their high school counselor. Course offerings vary each semester. A special reduced tuition per course is in effect for this program, with a maximum of two courses permitted during the summer. There is a limit to the number of high school students. Interested students should apply online or contact Christina Tsimortos, Director of Undergraduate Admissions at 203-864-5076 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Guidance Counselors will be asked to submit an application form, as well as forward a copy of the student’s Transcript, Test Scores, and Letter of Recommendation.
- Complete the online application
- Have your guidance counselor complete the Taste of College Guidance Counselor form and forward it along with your Transcript, Test Scores and one Letter of Recommendation to:
Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
- Once you have decided on a course selection, make sure there is space available in at least one section. Availability is listed on WebAdvisor.
View WebAdvisor instructions...
- If you plan to take a Math, English or Foreign Language course, contact the appropriate department at Sacred Heart University to set up a placement exam
- Ask the professor to send the results of the placement exam to the Assistant to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Christina Tsimortos
- If your application is accepted, you will be notified via email and invited to campus to register
- Any special consideration for placement in courses will be at the discretion of the Admissions Office and the Registrar
- The Registrar’s Office reserves the right to limit the number of Taste of College students to two per class
- These procedures must be followed in order to be considered for admission to the program
- The registration fee is $337 per course (maximum 6 credits), payable at the time of registration