Sacred Heart University requires that international applicants submit the following information to the Office of Graduate Admissions four (4) months prior to the first day of class:
- A completed online graduate admissions application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Non-refundable application fee
- A signed Agent/Educational Consultant Release Form for Sacred Heart University
- Completed course-by-course academic credential report such as WES, ECE, FIS, or any of the credential evaluation services approved by NACES. See a complete list...
- For all non-native English speakers, an official English language proficiency examination is required. SHU may verify exam scores directly with the testing agency. The following minimum scores are accepted:
- TOEFL PBT: 570; TOEFL iBTL: 80
- IELTS: 6.5 (EXCEPTION: Computer Science, IT, Chemistry, Healthcare Informatics may consider IELTS 6.0)
- SHU ESL Exam: 80% (must be approved by SHU)
- PTE: 62; iTEP: 5
- Cambridge Advanced English: 58
- Completion of ELS 112 or EF Level C1
For students who do not meet these minimum levels - Provisional Acceptance may be granted with the requirement that students complete an ESL course at Sacred Heart University (or other ESL school) prior to starting their academic program.
- Professional resume detailing the applicant's academic achievements and employment history
- One page personal statement discussing the applicant's reasons for pursuing the degree. Please note, program directors do read these statements carefully. Ensure the statement clearly explains why past education and experience, as well as future goals are a good match for the selected program at Sacred Heart University. Also please check for spelling, grammar, or other mistakes.
- Two letters of recommendation that attest to the applicant's qualifications for admission to a graduate program. If the applicant has studied or worked at a US institution, a recommendation from a former teacher or manager is suggested.
- A bank statement with U.S. dollar figures that verifies the student, the student's family and/or sponsor's ability to pay the costs required to attend Sacred Heart University for one year of study.The statement should be officially certified and signed by a bank official and dated within six (6) months of enrolling at Sacred Heart University
- Refer to the specific graduate program for any additional admission requirements specific to your program.
- College of Business Programs Only (MBA, Finance or Digital Marketing) a GMAT or GRE exam
- Waivers are occasionally granted for applicants with 5+ years management experience OR those who hold a degree equivalent to a US master’s degree
The Immigration I-20 form (the form needed to obtain a student F1 visa from a U.S. embassy or consulate) will be issued from SHU after the student has been accepted to the University and proof of financial support is submitted.The issuance of an I-20 and subsequent F-1 visa constitutes a legal agreement with the U.S. government binding the student to maintain full-time enrollment (at least 9 credits per term) at all times except during the summer session. Employment in the U.S. is only allowed if authorized by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
NOTE: Materials that are received by FAX and EMAIL may be used as working documents only and are considered to be unofficial. Only original or photocopies with a school seal and signature will be accepted. Submission of falsified documents is grounds for denial of admission or dismissal from the University.