Sacred Heart University requires that international applicants submit the following information to the Office of Graduate Admissions four (4) months prior to the first day of class:
- A completed online graduate admissions application
- A non-refundable application fee of $100.00 U.S. dollars payable to Sacred Heart University
- Completed academic credential report from World Education Services (www.wes.org).Note: all post-secondary transcripts from non U.S. institutions must be evaluated and certified by World Education Services.
- For all non-native English speakers, an official English language proficiency examination is required. The following minimum scores are accepted:
- TOEFL PBT: 570
- TOEFL iBTL: 92
- IELTS: 6.5
- MELAB: 80 (proctored on‐site at SHU)
- PTE: 62
- iTEP: 5
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): 5.5
- Cambridge Certificate in Proficiency in English (CPE): 5.5
- Professional resume detailing the applicant's academic achievements and employment history
- One page personal statement discussing the applicant's reasons for pursuing the degree
- Two letters of recommendation that attest to the applicant's qualifications for admission to a graduate program.
- A bank statement with U.S. dollar figures that verifies the student, the student's family and/or sponsor's ability to pay the costs required to attend Sacred Heart University for one year of study.The statement should be officially certified and signed by a bank official and dated within six (6) months of enrolling at Sacred Heart University
- Refer to the specific graduate program for any additional admission requirements specific to your program.
The Immigration I-20 form (the form needed to obtain a student F1 visa from a U.S. embassy or consulate) will be issued from SHU after the student has been accepted to the University and proof of financial support is submitted.The issuance of an I-20 and subsequent F-1 visa constitutes a legal agreement with the U.S. government binding the student to maintain full-time enrollment (at least 9 credits per term) at all times except during the summer session. Employment in the U.S. is only allowed if authorized by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
NOTE: Materials that are received by FAX and EMAIL may be used as working documents only and are considered to be unofficial. Only original or photocopies with a school seal and signature will be accepted. Submission of falsified documents is grounds for denial of admission or dismissal from the University.
If you have any questions, please contact: