Assist department faculty and staff with special projects including research and curriculum development activities. This position is for a self-starter who is highly motivated and works independently. We are looking for a student to: collaborate and work directly with faculty/staff; offer their ideas and suggestions; utilize creative thinking and problem-solving skills. Social Work major preferred, but will consider other majors who meet the criteria.
DEPARTMENT: Social Work
REPORTS TO: Bronwyn Cross-Denny
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Assist with special projects including research and curriculum development
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, major students, Social Work Club, and program Advisory Council
- Participate in faculty research projects that may include communication with outside faculty and key stakeholders, recruitment of participants, coordination of activities, data collection, and data entry
- Assist in development of online modules and materials
- Some document management may be required including digital and hardcopy filing, copying, scanning, and typing.
EXPECTED HOURS: TBD - based on class schedule, prefer Mon/Wed/Fri since these are the days faculty teach.
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint), SharePoint, Blackboard
- Knowledge of SPSS A Plus
APPLY: Rebecca Odens, Department Assistant, at 203-396-6337 or firstname.lastname@example.org