Choir Program Assistant
This position is ideal for students with an interest in music and choral programs in particular and is an excellent opportunity to get involved on campus. The Work-Study Choir Assistant assists with and plays an integral role in the functioning of Sacred Heart's Choral Program. Students will be responsible for a multitude of diverse tasks and should be dedicated, personable, and reliable.
DEPARTMENT: Choral Programs
REPORTS TO: Dr. John Michniewicz
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Sorting and filing music, maintaining choir music library
- Copying music as needed and preparing choir folders
- Setting up for choir rehearsals in the chapel and other rehearsal rooms
- Assisting with attendance record keeping
- Creating concert flyers and programs
- Contacting prospective students for recruitment purposes
- Maintaining choir robes in order
- Other clerical duties as assigned
EXPECTED HOURS: Flexible based on work-study award amount.
This position will involve interaction with other work-study students, choir members, and members of the University staff and faculty. The successful applicant must be:
- Responsible and professional
- Positive and resourceful
- Proficient in MS Office (particularly Publisher)
TO APPLY: Contact Dr. John Michniewicz at email@example.com or 203-396-8479. Potential candidates will be interviewed.