2013-2014 SHU Online Financial Aid Checklist (for Fall 2013, Spring 2014 & Summer 2014)
2014-15 SHU Online Financial Aid Checklist (for Fall 2014, Spring 2015 & Summer 2015)
- School Code 001403
- Application available January 1st
- Click on the FAFSA icon to complete the application online
- Before beginning your FAFSA, make sure you have your FAFSA pin number available. If not please apply for a new PIN Number
The FAFSA should ideally be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period. However, you can apply for federal aid anytime during the academic year.
June 30th is the 2013-14 FAFSA Deadline for Summer 2014 Financial Aid
- 2013-2014 SHU Online Confidential Information Form (For Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014)
- 2014-2015 SHU Online Confidential Information Form (For Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Summer 2015)
- "Apply Online" in SHUAwards
The Confidential Information Form should ideally be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period. However, you can apply for federal aid anytime during the academic year.
Check your Awards Package
- View your financial assistance awards
- Accept your awards
- View the status of your application
- A list of documents received and documents outstanding
- Monitor the status of student loans for the current year
Receiving your ID number and Pin number to SHUawards:
Once you are accepted into Sacred Heart University our office will email you access into SHUawards. After you receive this email, then click on "First Time User" in the "Log In" box. To activate your account, enter your seven digit Student ID number found at the top of your acceptance letter and follow the prompts to create your PIN. This will allow you to monitor your award, review required information and pending documents or forms.
Additional documentation may be required to finalize financial assistance:
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of selective service registration
- Verification documents such as the current year Federal Tax Return Transcript, W2 forms and Verification Worksheets
Federal Stafford Loan recipients only
If a Federal Stafford Loan has been included in your award, please complete the 3 Step Process required for disbursement.
Financial Aid Eligibility
In order to be considered for federal financial aid, you must meet the following conditions:
- A U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (eligible non-citizen) and have documented proof of your status
- Admitted and matriculating in a Degree program
- Be in attendance on a half-time basis per semester (3 credits for Graduate Students and 6 credits for Undergraduate Students)
- Not be in default on a prior federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Sacred Heart University Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and be maintaining a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0