Complete your FAFSA
- School Code 001403
- Application available January 1st
- Click the FAFSA icon to complete the application online
- Before beginning your FAFSA the student and parent must apply for a PIN Number
- *NEW* Starting May 10, 2015 the FSA ID will replace the Federal Student Aid PIN as the credential with which students, parents, and borrowers authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information online and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents.
*The FAFSA should be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period.*
*The University College Confidential Information Form should be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period.*
- The University College Confidential Information Form can be found here.
Check Your Awards Package
Check SHUawards for your award package. Students can access financial assistance information online including:
- View your financial assistance awards
- Accept your awards
- View the status of your application
- A list of documents received and documents outstanding
- Monitor the status of student loans for the current year
Receiving your ID number and Pin number to SHUawards:
Once you are accepted into Sacred Heart University, please go to SHUawards and click on "First Time User" in the "Log In" box. To activate your account, enter your seven digit Student ID number found at the top of your letter and follow the prompts to create your PIN. This will allow you to monitor your award, review required information and pending documents or forms.
Additional documentation may be required to finalize financial assistance. This could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of selective service registration
- Verification documents such as the current year Federal Income Tax Return Transcripts, W2 forms and Verification Worksheet
Federal Stafford Loan recipients only
If a Federal Stafford Loan has been included in your award, please complete the 3 Step Process required for disbursement.
Financial Aid Eligibility
In order to be considered for federal financial aid, you must meet the following conditions:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Be admitted and matriculating in an Undergraduate Degree program
- Be in attendance on a half-time basis in each enrollment period. Typically, two or more courses that equals six or more credits per semester
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (eligible non-citizen) and have documented proof of your status
- Not be in default on a federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress as defined by the Sacred Heart University Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and be maintaining a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.