Complete your FAFSA
- School Code 001403
- Application available January 1st
- Click on the FAFSA icon to complete the application online
- The FSA ID has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN as the credential with which students, parents, and borrowers authenticate their identity to access their federal student aid information online and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to the FAFSA.
- For more information about federal student aid and filling out the FAFSA check out the resources below:
The FAFSA should be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period.
Complete the Graduate Confidential Information Form
The Confidential Information Form should be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period.
Check your Awards Package
- View your financial assistance awards
- Accept your awards
- View the status of your application
- A list of documents received and documents outstanding
- Monitor the status of student loans for the current year
Receiving your ID number and Pin number to SHUawards:
Once you are accepted into Sacred Heart University, please go to SHUawards and click on "First Time User" in the "Log In" box. To activate your account, enter your seven digit Student ID number found at the top of your letter and follow the prompts to create your PIN. This will allow you to monitor your award, review required information and pending documents or forms.
Additional documentation may be required to finalize financial assistance. This could include:
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of selective service registration
Federal Stafford Loan recipients only
If a Federal Stafford Loan has been included in your award please complete the 3 Step Process required for disbursement.
Financial Aid Eligibility
In order to be considered for federal financial aid, you must meet the following conditions:
- A U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (eligible non-citizen) and have documented proof of your status
- Admitted and matriculating in a Graduate Degree program
- Be in attendance on a half-time basis in each enrollment period. Typically, two or more courses that equals six or more credits per semester
- Not be in default on a prior federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress as defined by the SHU Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and be maintaining a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0