Complete your FAFSA
- School Code 001403
- Application available October 1
- Click the FAFSA icon to complete the application online
Complete the Graduate Confidential Information Form
- Complete the form online under the Apply Online tab on SHUAwards OR complete the paper 2017-2018 Graduate Confidential Information Form.
The FAFSA and Grad CIF should be completed at least six weeks prior to the beginning of your first enrollment period. Please note that additional documentation may be required.
Review your Awards Package
Your SHUAwards Account:
Once you are accepted into Sacred Heart University, you will receive a congratulatory email from the Office of Student Financial Assistance which will advise you to visit SHUAwards and click on First Time User in the LOG IN box. To activate your account, enter your 7-digit Student ID number found at the top of the email and follow the prompts to create your PIN.
- view their financial assistance awards by semester
- accept, reduce, or decline their award(s)
- confirm the status of financial assistance documents (received, incomplete, etc.)
- review the financial assistance messaging relating to their award(s)
- view their loan history from the National Student Loan Database (NSLDS)
Financial Aid Eligibility
In order to be considered for federal financial aid, you must meet the following conditions:
- Be admitted and matriculated in an graduate degree program
- Be in attendance on at least a half-time basis (3 credits) in each enrollment period
- Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident (eligible non-citizen) and have documented proof of your status
- Not be in default on a federal student loan and not owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Be maintaining SAP as defined by the SHU Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and be maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00