FAFSAs are selected for ‘Verification’ by the Central Processing System (CPS) or the school. The CPS selects applicants either randomly or by choosing applicants that do not meet a series of federal edits. This process is performed to check for accuracy and intended to reduce common errors in the data by the applicant/student and his or her family. A notification to students is sent via e-mail stating that there are outstanding requirements and/or additional information required. All required documentation should be submitted to the Financial Aid Office no later than 10 business days from the initial date of request and before the term start date. The Financial Aid Administrator collects the documentation needed and compares it to the information reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Financial Aid Administrator will make all corrections to the FAFSA based on completed information supplied. Once the corrections are completed the FAFSA data may have to be transmitted to Central Processing Center (CPS) for processing. If a correction is necessary the Financial Aid Office needs to wait for the updated FAFSA to be transmitted back to the school. This process may take up to 7 to 10 business days for the verification review process to be completed. Once the verification process is completed the student will be sent a REVISED award showing any discrepancies.
Please choose the following form that applies to you. If you do not know which form to fill out please check your SHUAwards page.
2014 - 2015 Verification Forms
- 2014-2015 Verification Form V3
- 2014-2015 Verification Form V4
- 2014-2015 Verification Form V5
- 2014-2015 Verification Form V6
2015 - 2016 Verification Forms
- 2015-2016 Verification Form V1
- 2015-2016 Verification Form V3
- 2015-2016 Verification Form V4
- 2015-2016 Verification Form V5
- 2015-2016 Verification Form V6
Some families might need to submit additional documentation. Some of the additional documentation is below:
2014 - 2015 Additional Verification Documents
- 2014-2015 Verification of Assets Form
- 2014-2015 Income Verification Form
- 2014-2015 Non-Filer Form - Student
- 2014-2015 Non-Filer Form - Parent
- 2014-2015 Non-Filer Form - Spouse
2015 - 2016 Additional Verification Documents