Only one application is needed to be eligible for a University College Scholarship. If you have already applied for the 2013-2014 there is no need to reapply.
University College Scholarship Instructions
Qualifications for a University College Scholarship:
- Have completed at least 12 credits at SHU.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Are enrolled as a matriculated student in a degree program at SHU
- Are in good standing with the Student Accounts Office AND the Financial Aid Office
- Submit a completed scholarship application and essay by July 1, 2013
- Submit the most recent SHU transcript.
The essay must be a minimum of 500 words and discuss the following:
- Your career and educational goals
- Why education is important to you and your future
- Any extra-curricular or community activities, including any leadership roles
- Unusual circumstances, including financial need, for the committee to consider
- Your academic experience at Sacred Heart University
- How a University College scholarship would help you in your studies.
Scholarships will be awarded based on qualifications and the requirements of individual scholarships noted on this page.
Note: the Alpha Sigma Lambda Scholarship is for those students who are members of The Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society. This scholarship also has a different due date that has already passed. Reminders about this scholarship were sent out prior to the deadline.