Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I find what courses are available during the summer at Sacred Heart University?
Visit our Course Offerings page or for a complete list of available courses visit WebAdvisor.
- Will I need to complete an application and provide any other sort of documentation in order to enroll in summer courses?
Visiting students are not required to apply for admission. A registration form is required.
- Will these courses transfer to the college or university in which I am currently enrolled?
Visiting students are responsible for making sure that they have completed the prerequisites for any course and check with their home institution that they will accept the credits.
- Am I allowed to take summer courses online?
- As a visiting student in the summer will I need to set-up a Sacred Heart University email address and network account?
Yes, all official correspondence is sent to SHU email addresses.
- How do I pay for the course?
Once you are registered, you may pay online or contact Student Accounts at 203-371-7925 for additional options.
- Is financial aid available for summer courses?
Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid, but current, part-time matriculating students may be eligible.
- Do I need a parking sticker over the summer?
Yes summer students need to obtain a decal. They may purchase the decal at the student accounts department.
- As a visiting student may I use the state-of-the-art William H. Pitt Health and Recreation Center?
Yes, this facility provides a safe and comfortable environment for you to meet new people, get in shape, and have fun. The rate for visiting students is $30.00 for the first month and $1.00 per day for the rest of the summer until August 31. Even though each student has a different day to return to school, students only pay until they have to return, with a maximum rate of $90.00 for June, July and August.
- What is the withdrawal policy for the summer sessions?
Intensive terms (for all students) - including Winter and Spring and Summer
- 100% Before start of 1st class
- 0% Once class begins
Please see the student account site for more information.
For more information, contact:
Executive Director, Part-Time Undergraduate Admissions