The second annual Connecticut Area Study Abroad (CASA) Re-Entry Conference aims to provide college and university students who have recently returned from a study abroad experience with a variety of information. Developed by a committee of study abroad professionals, the conference will offer sessions on topics including career paths of study abroad participants, volunteer and non-profit opportunities abroad, how to go abroad again, and internationalizing your résumé and interviews. This event is open to any student from a college or university in Connecticut who has studied abroad, in any foreign country, for any length of time.
- 9:30 – 10:00 am, Check in and Registration/Coffee & Pastries
- 10:00 – 10:10 am, Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 10:10 – 10:30 am, Ice Breaker Activity
- 10:30 – 11:30 am, Session 1: Unpacking Your Experience
- 11:30 – 11:45 am, Break
- 11:45 – 12:45 pm, Session 2: Keep It Going! Round table informational of multiple opportunities abroad. Information on international careers, graduate schools, and service work will be provided.
- 12:45 – 1:45 pm, Introduction of Sponsors, Lunch, Sponsor Tables Open
- 1:45 – 3:00 pm, Session 3: How to Market Your Study Abroad Experience
- 3:00 – 3:15 pm, Closing Remarks
- 3:15 – 4:00 pm, Individual Resume Critiques, Sponsor Tables Open
In order to attend this conference, you must register for the event. The registration fee for the event is $5 if you pay in advance and $10 at the door the day of the event. It includes lunch, registration, sessions and workshops, and conference materials.
What to Bring
You will want to bring a copy of your résumé, a notebook, pen, questions for panelists, stories of your experiences abroad, and a willingness to learn!
The event will take place on Saturday February 7, 2015 at the University of Bridgeport. Exact conference location will be announced soon. The University address is 126 Park Ave., Bridgeport, CT 06604. Please see here for all the event details.