The first annual Connecticut Area Study Abroad (CASA) Re-Entry Conference aims to provide college and university students who have recently returned from a study abroad experience with a variety of information. Developed by a committee of study abroad professionals, the conference will offer sessions on topics including career paths of study abroad participants, volunteer and non-profit opportunities abroad, how to go abroad again, and internationalizing your résumé and interviews. This event is open to any student from a college or university in Connecticut who has studied abroad, in any foreign country, for any length of time.
- 9:30 – 10:00 am, Check in and Registration/Coffee & Pastries
- 10:00 – 10:10 am, Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 10:10 – 10:30 am, Ice Breaker Activity
- 10:30 – 11:30 am, Session 1: Unpacking Your Experience
- 11:30 – 11:45 am, Break
- 11:45 – 12:45 pm, Session 2: International Living: Keep It Going!
- 12:45 – 1:45 pm, Introduction of Sponsors, Lunch w/Photo Contest Slideshow, Sponsor Tables Open
- 1:45 – 3:00 pm, Session 3: How to Market Your Study Abroad Experience
- 3:00 – 3:15 pm, Closing Remarks
- 3:15 – 4:00 pm, Individual Resume Critiques, Sponsor Tables Open
In order to attend this conference, you must register for the event. The registration fee for the event is $5 if you pay in advance and $10 at the door the day of the event. It includes lunch, registration, sessions and workshops, and conference materials. Some schools will pay their students' registration fees on their behalf; check with your study abroad office to see if your school is one of them.
REGISTER NOW The registration deadline is January 31, 2014.
What to Bring
You will want to bring a copy of your résumé, a notebook, pen, questions for panelists, stories of your experiences abroad, and a willingness to learn!
The event will take place on Saturday February 8, 2014 at Sacred Heart University's University Commons. Enter through the main entrance in the Academic Building and turn left (5151 Park Avenue Fairfield, CT).
Directions to Sacred Heart University
SHU’s convenient Fairfield, CT, location makes traveling to and from the campus simple! Directions by car and train are located here. An interactive campus map is also available. You may park in any available spot.
From your University:
- Sacred Heart University: Francesca Schenker and Carrie Wojenski
- Quinnipiac University: Andrea Hogan and Mark Tortorra
- UCONN Law School: Gillian Ritter and Carrie Field
- University of Bridgeport: Brandon Lafavor
- University of New Haven: Emily Cole and Jennie Brown
Conference and Registration:
Francesca Schenker, 203-396-8028
You could win an exciting prize!
All entries must be sent to the CASA Re-Entry Conference via email as an attachments. Participants are asked to please send Photo Contest submissions to Francesca Schenker at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photo Contest” in the subject line. The following information must be included in the body of the email in order of the photo PER PHOTO:
- Title of Photo
- Name of student photographer, your home university and study abroad program–EXAMPLE: Joey Smith, Quinnipiac University (ISA Madrid Summer 2012)
- City and country where photo was taken
- Short description for each photograph
Conference attendees must submit photos to Francesca no later than Friday, January 31st.