Monday through Friday
8:30AM to 4:30PM (EST)
Office of Global Affairs
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
About the Office of Global Affairs
Emergency Contact InformationDuring standard business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM, please call the Office of Global Affairs at 1-203-396-8028 (or 8022). To report an emergency during non-business hours, please call the SHU Department of Public Safety at 203-371-7911.
- Increasing awareness of and support services for campus-wide internationalization, as well as by building global awareness and engagement throughout the university;
- Infusing global and diverse perspectives throughout the curriculum and connect internationalization to High Impact Practices;
- Growing opportunities for faculty development, research, and exchange abroad through an expanded partnership network with institutions abroad;
- Developing and upholding international policies and procedures which minimize risks and promote excellence.
- Sacred Heart was accepted into the 2013-2015 American Council on Education (ACE) Internationalization Laboratory program.
- The OGA offers more than 100 programs in over 30 countries;
- Students may spend a semester, a year, a month, or two weeks abroad earning academic credit and gaining the kind of knowledge that only a study abroad experience can provide;
- Courses completed on a SHU study abroad program may fulfill general education, elective, or major/minor credits, enabling students, regardless of academic plan, to study abroad and graduate according to their individual schedules.
The Office of Global Affairs supports study abroad programming by:
- Identifying, developing, nurturing, and reviewing diverse and academically-based international programs, both faculty-led and affiliation agreements with a commitment to quality, safety, affordability and accessibility;
- Advocating and collaborating on a multidisciplinary level to convey the importance of study abroad and the integration of curriculum;
- Appropriately advising students to maximize the study abroad experience — before, during and after the term abroad — and develop the habits of mind, heart, and spirit that will prepare students to engage purposefully in a global world.
- Total study abroad student enrollment increased 15%;
- Total programs available increased by 86% and faculty-led programming increased by 400%.