A student may choose to enroll in the Graduate Certificate Program simply to learn specific skills in the area of Information Technology. The certificate program is ideal for those who are undecided about committing to a full master's degree program, but wish to pursue advanced study in the field.
The program requires the student to complete a minimum of 12 semester credit hours of coursework, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Students matriculated in the master's program are not eligible for a graduate certificate. However, students who have successfully completed a graduate certificate may apply to the master's program and may be able to use those credits earned in the certificate program toward the master's degree. Contact the program director to determine which, if any, graduate certificate credits may apply. Graduate admissions procedures must be followed.
Prerequisite Courses | 6 credits
- CS 500 Introduction to Structured Programming 3 CR
- CS 501 Introduction to Data Structures 3 CR
Required Courses | 12 credits
- CS 552 Windows Interface Design (VB.net) 3 CR
- CS 603 Database Design (Oracle) 3 CR
- One elective from any available electives approved by the program director.