Dr. Michael W. Higgins
Dr. Michael W. Higgins is the Executive Director of the Institute and Distinguished Professor of Catholic Thought at Sacred Heart University. He has been a columnist, a radio documentary maker, a television commentator on Vatican affairs, and a regular contributor to Commonweal magazine, and a commentator for the Irish Catholic. He was the chief advisor for the widely acclaimed TV series, Sir Peter Ustinov’s Inside the Vatican.
Dr. Higgins has been studying, writing about, and has given numerous lectures on John Moriarty and has found his audience in the United States, Canada, and Ireland to be very receptive to Moriarty’s ideas. Dr. Higgins’ recent publications of other important 20th century thinkers has allowed him to place Moriarty’s ideas in context.
- Heretic Blood: The Spiritual Geography of Thomas Merton (Wipf and Stock, 2016).
- Jean Vanier: Logician of the Heart (People of God) (Liturgical Press, 2016)
- The Unquiet Monk: Thomas Merton's Questing Faith (Orbis Books, 2015)
- Thomas Merton: Faithful Visionary (People of God) (Liturgical Press, 2014)
- With Kevin Burns, Genius Born of Anguish: The Life and Legacy of Henri Nouwen (Paulist Press, 2012)