Adult Educational Tour in Ireland:
“In the Footsteps of John Moriarty”
“Over a thousand years ago, believing in a god who was willing to hang for them, a group of Christian monks rowed themselves out there to hang with him, vertiginously so.” ~John Moriarty
The Institute will facilitate life-long learning by organizing and leading short-term study educational tours for adults; the inaugural tour will be from June 4-12, 2018. It is called “In the Footsteps of John Moriarty” with a goal of traveling to places that were so meaningful to John Moriarty as he reflected on his own relationship to nature in the west of Ireland, and found peace when he was able to enter more fully into understanding nature as it manifest itself to him rather than try to manipulate nature for his own material interests.
This exclusive tour will take a small group of between 20-25 adults on a eight-day journey to various places in Ireland, beginning with three nights in Dingle, two nights in Killarney, and two nights in Galway.
The John Moriarty Institute for Ecology and Spirituality has made plans for more tours in the future. Please contact for Dr. Michael Higgins for the latest news on the status of these tours.
Please consult the brochure below for more details about the trip itinerary, spectacular hotels, and the price of the tour. More instructions for registering are below the link to the brochure.
“In Connemara my senses weren’t an encumbrance to soul, they weren’t an obfuscation of soul, an eclipse of soul. . . they were awakenings of soul.” ~John Moriarty
In The Footsteps of John Moriarty Tour Registration Form
There are two ways to register for the tour:
Register and pay by credit card online:
- Complete and submit the tour registration form below. You will receive a copy of the completed form in an email confirmation. This will serve as your registration form. If you do not see the email in your inbox, check your spam folder. Proceed to the online payment below.
- To pay by credit card online, visit https://commerce.cashnet.com/EM-1?CNAME=CONF
Register by mail and pay by check:
- Print a copy of the registration form, fill it in completely
- Mail registration form with a check payable to Sacred Heart University, and in the memo “The John Moriarty Institute,” in care of Dr. Michael Higgins, Sacred Heart University, 5151 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT 08625-1000. Couples can use one registration form.
- Once we receive your registration form and payment, we will email you a confirmation.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Michael Higgins at 203-371-7902 or email email@example.com